There was a sea of pink on Friday night as we celebrated the eve of our wedding with traditional Punjabi song, dance and a whole lotta pink!
It was the Pretty in Pink Sangeet and not only was every detail pink but everyone came dressed in pink (except the few who didn’t read their invitation carefully and boy did they stand out!)
For those of you who were not able to attend (or those of you who were two drunk to observe the details) here is a quick rundown of all the pinkness.
- Pink fabric and pink flowers lining the driveway
- Pink and white flowers along the garage
- Pink signs saying “Khanna Peena” and “Geet Sangeet“
- Pink table cloths on each table
- Pink bar skirt
- Pink napkins
- Pink picture frames at the bar that said “Show Your Pink! Get Your Drink!
- Pink churriyans for the ladies wrapped in pink and gold bags (Did you get yours?)
- Pink sign on the churriyan table that said “Gulabi Churriyan Chunkdiyan”
- Pink mattai table with mattai baskets wrapped in varying shades of pink fabric (Did you get yours?)
- Pink sign on the mattai table that said “Pretty in Pink Mittai Shaadi Ki Badai”
- Pink candles (custom made in India) in hurricane centerpieces
- Pink floating candles in the pool (also hand made in India)
- Pink fabric and pillows adorning the stage
- Pink dots around the pool and on the dance floor
- Giant pink dot on the dance floor that said “Deepika & Vishal Pretty in Pink Sangeet”
- Pink lanterns and pink umbrellas hanging in the trees
- Pink flowers in the flower beds and pink flowers everywhere
- Even the kulfi was served with Pink falooda
- And of course, there was a Pink Jagoo
The New Indian Bride wants to hear from you! What was your favorite pink detail? Would you consider having a themed sangeet? What theme would you pick?